Introduce yourself here!

Borrowing a page from our good friends at Open Data Kit and their forum, we’re creating this topic to allow community members to introduce themselves.

Please scroll to the bottom, hit the blue Reply button and introduce yourself. Consider including:

• Where you are located most often
  • What if any organization you belong to
  • How and when you got involved with the Mifos/Fineract community
  • What your currently working on related to Mifos/Fineract
  • If you’re using Mifos/Fineract, since when and how many customers/clients are you reaching.
  • Your blog/Twitter/GitHub/LinkedIn or other ways for the community to follow you
  • Some of your favorite things to do outside of fintech & financial inclusion
  • Any advice you’d want to share with a community
  • [insert your own fun fact here]

Please also create your profile and add an avatar so others can put a face to the name and we can help each other feel a sense of belonging as work to create a world of 3 Billion Maries!

This topic is only for introductions. For anything else, please take a look at the categories !

If you’d like to share a more detailed showcase or case study on how you’ve used Mifos or your organization, do that in our Spotlight category

1 Like

I am Victor Romero from Mexico, as Fintecheando company we are a deployment partner of Mifos and we have extendend the functionality required by the localized region.

We are glad to help to contribute back to Mifos.

http://fintecheando.mx/

Best Regards

2 Likes

I am Falaye Iyanuoluwa and I am a final year Computer Science Student from Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. I am an Android developer with about 2 years working in product companies in Nigeria, I have been on the Mifos community since December 2019, looking up issues, contributing having discussions with other developers especially on Mifos-mobile, I would love to participate in Gsoc 2020 with Mifos, I want to learn more on android development, being an effective collaborator and team player. Mifos would be the best place to be mentored.

Thank you.
Iyanu.
GitHub
LinkedIn

2 Likes

Hello All,
This is Ashwin from India. I have been developing android apps since my early high school as an amateur. I have been contributing to mifos-mobile-cn for around three months now. I would love to participate as a student in the upcoming edition of GSoC for the aforementioned project with mifos. This is the same reason as to why I am interested in knowing more about the Open Banking API and WSO2 API gateway.
Best Regards
Ashwin
Github | LinkedIn

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
Myself Shivangi Singh. I am a sophomore perusing bachelors in Computer Science from Amrita University, India. I am an Android developer and an open source enthusiast. I have been contributing to self-service project past few months and have mentored GCI’19 students under Mifos.

The idea of the organisation to provide a formal financial system is a great initiative in the digital banking era as it provides financial services to billions of people. It is a great initiative and would like to be part of this.

Since I have been part of the community I have learnt a lot, from working on translation issues to debugging large codebases.
I am really excited and looking forward towards working this summer with Mifos and contribute back to the organisation through self-service application.

Regards,
Shivangi Singh
Twitter | LinkedIn | GitHub | Blog
Dreamer to doer

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I am Ayush Dubey and I am currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from Jabalpur Engineering College. I am enthralled by the FinTech arena and I am grateful to the Mifos community for introducing me to it. I have been contributing to Mifos from December and the thing that I was surprised by was the power of the open source how a community could have a genuine impact when it is driven by motivated individuals. I am currently trying to figure out how to integrate Fineract CN with Mobile Wallet and when I am not contributing I like to participate in competitive programming competitions and play badminton. I am applying to Google Summer of Code this year and looking forward to contributing something substantial to this community.

Thank You
Github

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I am Garvit Agarwal and I am freshman at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering.
I am an Android developer and started my journey towards development in mid October last year.
I have been contributing to Mifos Mobile CN for a while now. The initiative taken by Mifos to end poverty interests me a lot.
Best Regards
Garvit Agarwal
Github
LinkedIn

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I am Chinmay Kulkarni, Final Year B. Tech student, currently pursuing Computer Engineering at Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune. I have been an Android Developer from the past 3 years. I came to know about this wonderful organization and what it does in October 2019 and I have been contributing to Mifos since then. During this time, I learn a lot about the way Mifos develops Open Source Software and I have been contributing to the projects android-client and mobile-wallet. I am actively looking forward to contribute to the project Android Field Operations for GSoC 2020. I am always excited to get in touch with new members of the community and to share the knowledge. Looking forward to have Mifos as my mentor Organization this summer!

Thank You
Chinmay Kulkarni
GitHub | LinkedIn

1 Like

Hello everyone,
My name is Dundi Raja Vamsi Reddy and I am a final year Computer Science student from Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra (India). I get to know about the organization when the first video conference on the Mifos Initiative held at our university by our seniors Mohit Kumar Bajoria and Gaurav Saini. I am an Android Developer and an active open source contributor.

I have been contributing to the projects Android Client, Mobile Wallet, and Mifos Mobile since last year. I am looking forward to contribute to the project Android Field Operation Version 7 for this summer. The goal of the Mifos to eliminate poverty inspires me a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Dundi Raja Vamsi Reddy.
Github | LinkedIn

1 Like

Hi.
I am Anubhav Mittal, pursuing Bachelors in Technology in the field of Computer Science from Delhi Technological University, Delhi, India (formerly DCE).

I am an Android Developer with considerable knowledge and experience with Java, Kotlin, SQL, Git, Jira, Rest etc. I have been contributing to open source for over half a year with Organisations such as Fossasia, Mifos, ODK and independent projects and participated in many Hackathons. I have also been freelancing in making Android projects for 4-5 months. I interned as an SDE at Box8, Bangalore in 2019.

I am highly enthusiastic on being a part of Mifos this summer, contributing my work to the financial section of the society to make the world a better place. I am very passionate about the idea and the motive behind this project.
I am looking forward to work on the Fineract 4.0 and have been well versed with both Mifos wallet app and Apache Fineract app. And GSOC would be a great way to encourage and pull young developers to open source.

Regards
Anubhav Mittal (anubhav11march)
Github: https://github.com/anubhav11march
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anubhav-m-7319bb120/

Hello everyone,

I am Percy Ashu, a 3rd year Computer Engineering student at University of Buea, Cameroon. I got involved with Fineract community last year and would continue to contribute to the growth of the community.

Regards
Percy Ashu
Github

Hi All
I am Alliehkezih Wisdom, final year B-Tech student from the College of Technology, University of Buea, Cameroon. I knew about this organization last year 2019 but I eventually joined this year. I am excited to have joined this organization with the wonderful group of people contributing to attain the goal which is to eradicate poverty by providing financial inclusion for the majority of the world’s population. I believe in the goals and ambitions of this organization and that’s one of the reasons I joined. I would love to be part of this project by contributing and solving issues and to also participate with Mifos organization as a GSOC 2020 student. I love front end development so I will be working on the Mifos web app.
GitHub
LinkedIn

Hello everyone,

Avik based out of Bangalore here. I got involved with Mifos in 2013 GSoC and followed it up by joining the microfinance fintech firm Finflux who had a great team of core contributors developing Mifos/Fineract. Post that, I worked for a couple of years for a payments firm before founding Fynarfin a year back to address some of the common problems and opportunities in emerging and developing economies.

We are primarily working on agent banking and micro-enterprise lending use cases on a Fineract fork. Over the years, I have contributed to hooks, import tooling, e2e tests, platform security, performance and payments.

Generic advice for GSoC cohort :- How to ask?. You can reach out to me over avik@fynarfin.io if you have followed the guidelines shared in the link.

Hello All,

Am Reehan from Ideoholic. We are a startup working on financial inclusion. We are a deployment partner of Mifos. We also have extended the functionality of Mifos to meet the requirement of our affiliates in the localised region. We are currently based out of Bengaluru, India.

We will be glad to help and to be able to contribute back to Mifos.

Regards,

Reehan
Linked-in

Hello Mifos Team,

I am Ondur Kiyelo from Uganda East Africa.

I have experience in Networking,Systems Admin but Major in Database Administration.

Outside my normal job, i am a promoter of financial literacy and have known mifos for 2 years now mostly setting up for credit institution and SACCOs these total to 5 installations.

I want to contribute more to Mifos in terms of awareness,Future development especially in my area of strength which is databases.

Outside work i play basketball for the local basketball league,I am a ministry member at church.

My Linked in account is Ondur Kiyelo

Thank you Kind Regards

Good morning all,

Am Brahiman yogo. We are a startup working on financial inclusion. We are in the process of deploying Mifos for possible partnership. We have also extended the functionality of Mifos to meet the requirements of our subsidiaries in the localized region. We are currently based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

We look forward to helping you and being able to contribute to Mifos again.

Regards,

Hello Everyone,
I am Ashutosh Sharma currently pursuing B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology Mandi. I got to know about Mifos while I was reading an answer on Quora back in January. The aim of the organization to help poor sections of society had a great impact on me. Since then I started contributing to the organization. This has been an amazing journey so far. I have learned a lot. At first when I started contributing I had no prior experience in contributing to such a big project but thanks to the students of GCI who helped in acquiring all the required knowledge. Now, I am selected as a GSoC intern and I look forward to contribute to this amazing organization.
My LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashutosh-sharma-77829b199
My GitHub profile: https://github.com/spider0061

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Myself Shashank Priyadarshi pursuing my bachelor’s in Computer Science with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence form Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India. I am an Android developer and an open-source enthusiast.
My interest in Fintech based technology is the one that motivates me most to work with the Mifos Initiative, so I searched for some good projects and came across the Android field operation app to work upon. I started my journey 5 months back with mifos and really excited to work this summer with the community and contribute to the organization.

Regards,
Shashank Priyadarshi
LinkedIn | Github

1 Like

Hello everyone!
I am Abhijeet, final year UG from IIIT Kalyani, India. I am selected as a GSOC student developer under Mifos organisation this year, on project “MifosX Web App Angular 7 Rewrite”. I am really excited about the mission of Mifos to provide financial inclusion for the majority of world’s population which does not have access to the latest / paid technologies. I would love to be a part of the mission and am looking forward to contribute to Mifos projects.

My github : https://github.com/abhi40308
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhijeet-singh-khangarot-7a6792126/

2 Likes